A recipe inspired by the popular popcorn chicken/chicken nuggets, but adapted for vegetarians or paneer lovers. These popcorn recipes are an ideal snack recipes or party starters and is also much loved by kids.
11 cubes paneer / cottage cheese
¼ tsp turmeric / haldi
½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
½ tsp pepper (crushed)
½ tsp mixed herbs
Salt to taste
¼ cup corn flour
¼ tsp pepper (crushed)
1 cup breadcrumbs
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup water
Oil for deep frying
1. In a large mixing bowl take 11 cubes paneer.
2. Add 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp pepper, ½ tsp mixed herbs and ¼ tsp salt.
3. Mix well making sure all the spices are coated well to paneer.
4. Prepare corn flour paste by taking ¼ cup corn flour, ¼ tsp pepper and ¼ tsp salt in a small bowl.
5. Add ¼ cup water and prepare smooth lump free batter.
6. Dip marinated paneer into corn flour batter.
7. Roll into breadcrumbs coating all the sides.
8. Dip the coated paneer again into cornflour batter and coat with breadcrumbs (double coating)
9. Deep fry in hot oil or bake at 180-degree celsius for 12 minutes.
10. Stir occasionally, keeping the flame on medium.
11. Fry till the paneer turns golden brown and crisp.
12. Drain over a kitchen towel and serve paneer popcorn with tomato sauce.
Recipe Credit – https://hebbarskitchen.com/paneer-popcorn-recipe-paneer-snacks/